Sunday, July 22, 2012

Newbie Bloggers Blog Hop

Happy Sunday Friends,
Today, I've decided to link up for a blog hop!
 I'm linking up for the Newbie Bloggers Blog Hop from Janis at Grade Three Is The Place For Me!
1. I am a teacher in sunny Florida!! 

2. I am currently teaching 1st grade and absolutely love it! It's such a fun age group!

3. I have been teaching for 7 1/2 years now- all in first grade.

4. I've been blogging with other teachers since May of this year. I was a blog stalker for a LONG time. I had a classroom blog just for parents since last July.

5. If I had to give some advice, one thing that bloggers like to do is reply to comments left on their blog by email. However, if your email isn't set up for this through Blogger, bloggers won't be able to reply to your comments by email. You cannot see them reply to you unless you go back to their blog post which can be a hassle.
This is how you set this up: 
1. Go to the corner of your screen where your name shows up & click the drop down arrow.
2. Click on Blogger Profile
3. In the top right hand corner, there will be an orange button that says "Edit Profile".
4. Where it says, "Show your Email Address, make sure it's checked off.
5. Save your profile & voila!! You are not a "no-reply" blogger anymore. Bloggers will be able to reply to your comments by email!
If you are a newbie blogger, go and link up with Janis at Grade 3 Is The Place For Me!

Also, I am looking for a few guest bloggers next week as I will be extremely busy entertaining family who is coming in from out of town. If you are interested in guest blogging, please send me an email!!

Have a Super Sunday!,

9 comments:

  1. Funny I was JUST looking up this no reply blogger deal... if I reply to someone through an email will it still show up that I replied on the blog??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question. I don't think that your reply does show up on the blog. They just receive it through email. :)

      Delete
  2. Great pointers! Thanks for sharing.
    counselinghearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment! Following you :)

    Cait
    Sliding into First!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally had time to get over here to your blog and am now following! And I'm a fellow Floridian too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a wonderful blog hop. I've never done one before and this one is perrrfeeect. Thanks for sharing.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for that tip! My "show email" button wasn't checked!
    Erin
    Sample’s Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you through the blog hop! I'm from FL too :)

    http://mspasquakinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. C-U-T-E Pirate theme! :) Following you now, come by for a visit when you have a chance!

    Lauren
    Miss Augustine Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete