Happy Monday Sweet Friends!,
I'm back for another edition of Monday Made It with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics!
This week, I made something that I have been wanting to make for a while now...crate seats!!
I'm sure many of you have seen these floating around Pinterest! Here is a breakdown of how to make these:
First, supplies! For 5 crate seats, I bought the following supplies:
5 Crates @ Target- $3.84/each
2 yards of Fabrics- $9.00
5 Foam Squares from Hobby Lobby- $3.00 each. Here is the size that I bought:
Sheet of plywood 3/4" at Lowes- $27.00 (you can buy less- I bought extra plywood just in case I want to make extra seats).
Spray adhesive glue- $5.00
Staple Gun w/ Staples- $10.00
Here are the step by step instructions on how I made these:
1. Buy the crates & take one with you to Home Depot or Lowes so they can measure the plywood precisely to fit on the lip inside of the crate.
2. Take a piece of the plywood and spray it with the adhesive & place the foam on top of it.
3. Once dry, lay out your fabric and put the plywood/foam piece on it. Cut around it so you leave enough fabric to fold under on all sides.
4. I took the fabric and folded it tight like I was wrapping a birthday present. Then I stapled it in several places to make sure it was secure:
5. I turned it over & placed it inside the crate securely. It fit perfectly and here is the final result...
It was a fairly easy project and a lot of fun to do. Do you have a creation to share? Head over to 4th Grade Frolics and link up with Tara!
What to make next week? That is the question. One thing I know is that I will definitely be back next Monday with another creation. I'm having a blast making everything! :)
Have a Magical Monday!,