Friday, July 13, 2012

Fabulous Blogger Friday!!!

Hello Sweet Friends!,
Welcome to this week's edition of Fabulous Blogger Friday!! I hope you have been enjoying these as much as I have. I love to get to know each & every one of you. It's like meeting you in person, which I hope to do one day. This week I am featuring:
Cindy Foreman from Krazy Kindergarten Teacher!!

Grade or Subject You Teach? 
I teach Kindergarten (I am going into my 13th year teaching with 9 of them being Kindergarten)
What inspired you to become a teacher? 
My mom owned and operated a day care/pre-school. I grew up helping her take care of and teach little ones so it just seemed to be what I was meant to do. She would always say that she would like to become a "real" teacher some day, but she passed away before "someday" every came. So I decided at 26 years old, with a husband and 3 little ones that I wasn't going to wait until "someday" and I went to college to get my teaching degree. My daughter is also a teacher, she teaches first grade, so we have 3 generations of teachers, I know my mom would be proud. 
Describe your teaching "personality": 
I am structured and have very high expectations but I also like to have fun with my students. I love them like they are my own and I take personal stake in what they learn while they are with me. 
What is your favorite subject to teach?
 I LOVE to teach reading. I love to watch my students go from nonreaders to readers. I love to see their faces when they sound out that very first word and figure it out. I am currently working on my Master's degree in reading as well.  
What made you decide to begin blogging? 
I love getting new ideas and sharing ideas as well. I have always been one to follow teacher websites and I used to have a teacher website so it was only logical to move into blogging and I am SO happy I did!
If you could give one piece of advice to your fellow teachers & bloggers, what would it be?
 I have been a mentor and supervising teacher to many student teachers and new teachers and I always tell them the same thing BE CONSISTENT. If you say it you, need to mean it, otherwise students will not take you seriously. As for advice to fellow bloggers, I'm fairly new at it so I think the most important thing to do is to keep it real. Don't just blog about sunshine and rainbows, blog about REAL teaching the ups and the downs.  
Finish this sentence: You know you're a teacher when:
 You feel that Back to School shopping is just as exciting as Christmas shopping! 
Any personal links you would like to share with readers (TPT, TN, Pinterest, Etsy)? 
Here is a freebie from my TPT store it's an -at word family flip chart!
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/-at-word-family-flip-chart
Thank you to Cindy for letting me feature you in this week's Fabulous Blogger Friday!! If you are interested in being featured, please email me at fsuteach81@yahoo.com. We would love to have you!!
For the next few days, I am out of town at a PTA convention. However, I couldn't leave you hanging! I have some guest bloggers headed your way. :)
Have a great weekend!!,

6 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa!! absolutely LOVE your blog! It is veryy cute! Thanks for sharing all the great ideas and others blogs. I am a new follower and I hope that you and your followers will come by and support my little blog. I am new to the blogging world and trying to find connections :) I hope you have a wonderful time at the conference.

    Marie
    It's a Jungle Out There!
    www.skippersjungle.blogspot.com
    mcskippe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the new design! Those little skulls are so stinkin' cute. Your Fabulous Friday is a great idea. I love meeting new bloggers. Thanks Lisa :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring me Lisa!! I LOVE your new design too!!! It is SOOOOO cute!!!!

    Cindy
    Krazy Kindergarten Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so good to get to know you Cindy!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea you had to feature bloggers. It is so much fun to get to know each other more. I'm off to check out Cindy's blog. Thanks for signing up for the Alphabet Exchange.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete