Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Loving Those Linky Parties Part 1!!

Happy Terrific Tuesday Friends,
Wow, there are so many wonderful linky parties going on out there! I realized I haven't done a linky party in a while now, so I'm dedicating this post to linky parties. I'm combining several linky parties into one post. They are so much fun & a great way to get to know each other!

Linky Party #1: Kimberly @ The Learning Tree is having a linky party on your Frugal Finds.
Being frugal myself, this linky party was calling my name. Here are some of my favorite frugal finds for back to school time:
First, who loves The Dollar Spot at Target??? Me too! Here are some great finds that I came across yesterday:
I was so happy that my Target finally had these lightbulb stress reliever balls. I found this idea from There's No Place Like Second Grade & I can't wait to make it!
Next, I found these star student chair covers to use. I know they have Happy Birthday ones too that I want to go back and get. I also got these handwriting boards for center time!
Next up are these metal buckets. I am excited about these metal buckets because of an idea that I found for my classroom theme on Schoolgirl Style. Another dollar spot item...

I plan on doing something with them that is similar to this idea:
Next stop is another favorite store of mine...The Dollar Tree. Here are my finds from there:
I am so excited about the gel stickers so I can put them on the window of my door! I bought a slinky so I can show students how to stretch out a word (I found that idea the other day, but I can't remember who shared it). The straws are for my birthday balloons. Do you see the chevron cardstock in the background?! I have no clue what to do with it yet, but it's CHEVRON!! I will figure something out!
Last stop is my local party store where I found these:
They are paper tissue fans that I got for $1.79 each. I plan on hanging these above each set of tables in my classroom & adding a pirate picture to them...something to this effect:
Do you have some frugal finds to share? Go and link up with Kimberly and share them!!
***********************************************************
Linky Party #2: Lindsey @ The Teacher Wife is having a linky party on Favorite Picture Books:

Here are my top 5 picture books:
1. How I Became A Pirate
As you probably know, I am a huge fan of the pirate theme. I'm sure that you can tell that just by looking around this blog! I always read this story at the beginning of the year as a fun way to kick off 1st grade. It's about a boy named Jeremy Jacob who goes on a pirate adventure with Captain Braidbeard and his crew. It is so cute. My kids especially love the part about pirates not brushing their teeth!
2. Officer Buckle and Gloria
I have loved this book for such a long time. I always use this at the beginning of the year to go over school safety rules. In this book Officer Buckle goes to Napville Elementary to give safety speeches. He is not the most exciting person to listen to until his dog Gloria comes along & does tricks during his speeches & becomes the star of the show.
3. Froggy Goes to School

I love the entire Froggy series by Jonathan London! I always share this at the beginning of the year, because it is so funny & my students love it. It's a great story for those first day jitters!
4. Bear Snores On
Bear's New Friend
I love the "Bear" series by Karma Wilson. In this one, Bear's shy friend is hiding from him & he has to find out who it is. It is very entertaining!
5. Skippyjon Jones
I love Skippyjon Jones so much that I just bought all of these Skippyjon Jones books from Kohl's! My students are always fighting over reading Skippyjon!! :)
Do you have some favorite books to share? Go & link up with Lindsey!
***************************************************************
Linky Party #3: Vicky @ Traditions, Laughter, and Happily Ever After is having a linky on what you have been up to this summer:
Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After
My summer started off with a bang!!! I went here:
I vacationed in Jamaica at the Grand Palladium Resort with my friend, Michelle from Mrs. G's Kindergarten in Heels & our hubbies! We both never went on honeymoons so we celebrated our anniversaries & honeymoons all in one. It was a great time & Jamaica's beaches are beautiful!!
I've been doing A LOT of Monday Made Its! Here is what I've made so far:




I just returned from a PTA conference weekend getaway also, and I am loving spending as much time as possible with this little cutie pie:
Head on over & tell us what you have been up to this summer at Traditions, Laughter, and Happily Ever After!
***************************************************************
Go & link up with all of these awesome linky parties going on! :) I will be linking up with even more linky parties tomorrow. See you then!
Have a Terrific Tuesday!,

16 comments:

  1. So many great things in one post - I don't know where to start!! I love your pencil drawers - so cute!! I also love reading the Bear series, my kiddos love it too! Have fun spending time with your adorable little girl!

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did it all! I love your book choices. I snatched up all the Skippyjon books from kohl's too. Love it!
    Eileen
    Second Grade Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from Traditions, Laughter, and Happily Ever After. I love all of your frugal finds!
    Kelly Teach

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your adorable daughter and that frame on pinterest and thought it was so cute! I love the idea for hanging the paper tissue fans above your tables. Thank you for checking out my blog, and I'm following you back!

    Mrs.T
    Teaching Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wreath! I pinned it onto my pirate classroom ideas. I see a trip to Michael's in my future. Sounds like you had a lot of fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some great deals! I don't think they had the light bulb stress ball last time I was there, but those are awesome! I will be on the prowl for those now. Also, great book choices...Skippy is one of my all time favorites.

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love How I Became A Pirate.... Such a cute book. I also really like Officer Buckle. Great picks!
    ஐRikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post, your picks and your shopping goods.

    New Pirate Book coming out that you might want to check out . . . Victricia Malicia by Carrie Clickard . . . very cute!

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been looking for the lightbulbs and have had no luck yet. Your goodies look great and the projects you have made are awesome! Thanks for sharing. :)
    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you found some great things! I love "Officer Buckle and Gloria."

    Learning With Susie Q

    susieqsclass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing! These are wonderful finds!
    I'm your newest follower. :o)

    Brittany
    Keeping Up With First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love "How I became a pirate!" My kiddos always love it... and I try to do a pirate voice (it's not very good). That probably should have been my project this summer!

    Make sure to stop by and enter my giveaway
    -Courtney
    2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got the Skippyjon Jones books too-I think I may have actually squealed in the middle of Kohl's when I saw them! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Skippyjon Jones. I was just at Kohl's explaining the books to my elderly grandma. She laughed as we flipped through out. Thanks for sharing!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for linking up! Great finds :)

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete