Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Threading Comments Tutorial

Happy Wednesday Friends,
What a relaxing day it has been so far! This is my first morning of sleeping in and puttering around the house. I am enjoying every single solitary moment of it.
Yesterday I had a few bloggers ask how to add a reply button to the end of each comment so that they are threaded and can reply to each individual blogger. Here's an example of what I am referring to:
I thought this would be a helpful tutorial post to write. So hold on & enjoy the ride!
First, go to your Settings
Select "Other"
Where it says "Allow Blog Feed" make sure it is set to "Full"
Next, under Settings, click on "Posts and Comments".
Where it says Comment Location, select "Embedded".
This should allow you to reply to individual comments as you wish! Don't forget to save your changes!! :)
Now, there are instances where this may not work if you have a heavily customized template. If you have a heavily customized template & it won't work, there are further steps to take. Please contact me if you try this & it doesn't work. I would be happy to email you the detailed instructions that I found.
Have a great day! I am starting on my first summer pinterest project! I am SO excited!

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! Just fixed mine! I have so much to learn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so doing this when I finish at school/work today!!! I love these types of tips! Thank you so much!

    Shanyn
    Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love further instructions. I have a highly customized blog and my settings already look like the ones above. Do you think there is anything I can do to get the threaded comments? I can't find your email address, so I'll leave you mine. Thanks!

    Ѽ Lori

    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I just sent you an email. I also added my email to my blog for the future! :)

      Delete
    2. I got it and replied back to you. Thanks for adding your email!

      Ѽ Lori

      Teaching With Love and Laughter
      luvyorkies@gmail.com

      Delete
  4. I would love further instructions as well. My blog settings aready set as above.

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops, my email is kindergartenwathen@yahoo.com
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just sent you an email also! I hope it helps! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Lisa, would you care to send me further instructions. Apparently my blog design template isn't allowing this easy fix to work. Thanks so much for posting such a helpful little tip! :)


    Jamie at 2nd Grade Stuff
    Jamie_rector@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the helpful tips.

    Learning With Susie Q

    susieqsclass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need further instructions! I found my template online and my settings are what you said. I've been trying to figure this out so thanks!

    Linda
    Lnetzeband.at.gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just wondering yesterday how bloggers were doing this. Unfortunately my settings are already set to this. I will shoot you an e-mail to see the detailed directions. Thanks so much for sharing this though as I'm sure there are many people who would love having this option!

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you shoot me the email as well! =)

    Thanks Lisa!

    Ms. Smith
    Adventures of Ms. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so going to try this is a moment :)
    Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete