Friday, June 29, 2012

Get ready! It's our First Fabulous Blogger Friday!

Happy Friday Friends!,
Are you ready?!? It's our first edition of Fabulous Blogger Friday! I'm so excited about the response that I received back for this. I hope you enjoy getting to know these featured bloggers & maybe find some new friends along the way!
Today I am featuring...Lori Rosenberg from Teaching With Love and Laughter!

Lori received State Teacher of the Year!!
Grade or subject you teach:
I teach kindergarten, first grade, and second grade writing, science, and social studies.
What inspired you to become a teacher?
I am sure that I became a teacher for many of the same reasons as all of you.  I entered the teaching profession because I wanted to make a difference in the lives of my students and their families, just as my favorite teachers had done for me.  Teaching is more than just a job to me.  It's a calling.  It's an ever-surprising mix of grueling hard work and ecstatic successes, both big and small.  I knew that teaching would be a challenging vocation, but I also knew that my personality was properly suited for this profession.  When the job gets tough, sometimes it's only your sense of humor that can keep you moving forward with any sanity!  Each day I go in front of my students, I never know what I will say or do that will leave a lasting impression on them.  Each day, I bring the full force of my personality and expertise to the classroom, in the hopes of inspiring my students and molding their young, impressionable minds.  
Describe your teaching "personality":
I teach with love and laughter every single day. I am very casual, calm and laid back. I never raise my voice or get angry. My teaching personality is exactly the same as my "real life" personality. If I can't spend my days laughing and loving, then I may as well just stay in bed!
What is your favorite subject to teach?
Definitely writing. It's very challenging to teach it correctly, but so rewarding. Most young children don't think that they can write and I love showing them that they have been writing for years.
What made you decide to begin blogging? 
I stalked tons and tons of blogs for about a year before I realized that I was missing out on all the fun. The blogging community is such a wonderful place to spend my time. I've "met" so many talented teachers from all over the world and I can honestly say that they have made me a better teacher.
If you could give one piece of advice to your fellow teachers & bloggers, what would it be?
Keep on sharing all of your wonderful ideas because there are thousands of teachers whose students are benefiting from all the top-notch, quality activities you are blogging about.
Finish this sentence... You know you're a teacher when: 
you can quickly and easily identify every font in ads, on billboards, in commercials, and, just about everywhere else!
Personal Links:
Here is a freebie from Lori:
This is a featured product from Lori. Click on the picture to find out more about it!
Thanks to Lori for being my 1st spotlight on Fabulous Blogger Friday! If you are interested in participating, please leave a comment or email me at fsuteach81@yahoo.com.
Have a "fabulous" Friday!,

17 comments:

  1. Ok, Lisa...this is a FABULOUS idea! It was great to learn more about Lori and I am looking forward to learning about other blogger's!

    Great idea!
    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! It was fun to learn a bit more about a blogger and read about it somewhere other than their own blog. I like the interview style. Why does that make it more exciting? I have no idea, but I love it! Great idea! Looking forward to more down the road. I'd be happy to participate if you would be interested in featuring me and my little blog. :)

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa! This is great! It was great to learn more about Lori.

    Thanks,
    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thanks so much Lisa! I love how you set this up. I am honored to be featured on your blog. I look forward to learning a bit more about all my blogging buddies.

    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post! I really enjoyed this Lisa! Loved hearing more about Lori too! Thanks for sharing with us!
    Michelle
    nomonkeybusinessmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog! Love hearing about teachers! :)

    Just diving In

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! It is so good to get to know you!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa! I liked the interview format too and am now your newest follower! Looking forward to more posts! :)Thanks, Lori!
    Erin
    Sample’s Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I loved reading your interview with Lori.
    _Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to participate in this! What a great idea!

    Heathernichole1023@yahoo.com

    HootHootHooray

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I love your blog and now it's official...I'm awarding you another Versatile Blogger Award!
    Jenny

    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete