Saturday, December 15, 2012

Heartbroken...

A little less than 24 hours ago, a little town in Connecticut changed forever.
As the story unfolds, the tears keep coming. I can't seem to make sense of it all. All these innocent lives taken. Being a teacher, it hits SO close to home. My prayers go out to all of the students, families, teachers, and community members of Sandy Hook Elementary.


(From Melonheadz Illustrating)

As my heart is breaking, this reminds me how blessed I am to be part of such a wonderful profession and this makes me appreciate my students that much more. It reminds me not to take anyone or anything for granted because life changes in an instant. God bless all of the heroes of Sandy Hook Elementary. I read of Victoria Soto, who was a first grade teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary. She shielded her students from the bullets and lost her life. She is a hero and makes me so proud to be a teacher. 

I can't even begin to imagine how much time this is going to take for the healing process to even begin. This has shaken our country to the core. If you are a blogger, please join your fellow bloggers in a moment of silence tomorrow for Sandy Hook Elementary. Thank you to Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for organizing this.


Instead of blogging tomorrow, create a blog post titled "Silence For Sandy Hook Elementary" and post the picture above. 

Please continue praying for those victims of Sandy Hook Elementary and God Bless.


2 comments:

  1. I did not read about Victoria Soto, but she is indeed a hero! Thank you for sharing.

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Professional mobile app development Pune company offering Android & iOS app development services. Thanks you
    ios and android app development company in pune-mumbai

    ReplyDelete