Happy Thursday Fabulous Followers!!,
Wow! It really feels good to be able to blog everyday again. I missed being able to have the leisure to do this for a while. It's Throwback Thursday again with Cara from The First Grade Parade!!
I thought that this past post would be helpful to some of you. It is a Monday Made It on Crate Seats that I made last summer. It walks you step by step on how to make them if you are interested in making them.
So sit back and enjoy the read...
Monday, July 9, 2012
Happy Monday Sweet Friends!,
I'm back for another edition of Monday Made It with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics!
This week, I made something that I have been wanting to make for a while now...crate seats!!
I'm sure many of you have seen these floating around Pinterest! Here is a breakdown of how to make these:
First, supplies! For 5 crate seats, I bought the following supplies:
5 Crates @ Target- $3.84/each
2 yards of Fabrics- $9.00
5 Foam Squares from Hobby Lobby- $3.00 each. Here is the size that I bought:
Sheet of plywood 3/4" at Lowes- $27.00 (you can buy less- I bought extra plywood just in case I want to make extra seats).
Spray adhesive glue- $5.00
Staple Gun w/ Staples- $10.00
Here are the step by step instructions on how I made these:
1. Buy the crates & take one with you to Home Depot or Lowes so they can measure the plywood precisely to fit on the lip inside of the crate.
2. Take a piece of the plywood and spray it with the adhesive & place the foam on top of it.
3. Once dry, lay out your fabric and put the plywood/foam piece on it. Cut around it so you leave enough fabric to fold under on all sides.
4. I took the fabric and folded it tight like I was wrapping a birthday present. Then I stapled it in several places to make sure it was secure:
5. I turned it over & placed it inside the crate securely. It fit perfectly and here is the final result...
It was a fairly easy project and a lot of fun to do. Do you have a creation to share? Head over to 4th Grade Frolics and link up with Tara!
What to make next week? That is the question. One thing I know is that I will definitely be back next Monday with another creation. I'm having a blast making everything! :)
Ok fellow followers, are you following me on Bloglovin' yet!! If not, head on over to my sidebar and click on "Follow Me On Bloglovin'!" There's a huge bloglovin' linky giveaway where if you join us on bloglovin', you have a chance to win TPT prizes or gift cards. Enter the rafflecopter below for my blog. 2 people will be selected to choose $10 worth of products from my TPT store!
Stop by and visit all of these Bloglovin' Bloggers: