Friday, August 10, 2012

It's Fabulous Blogger Friday!!

Hello Friends!,
Happy Friday and that means it is time for another "Fabulous Blogger Friday". Today I'm featuring 2 very cool teaching gals!!
It's Kristi and Crystal from:


Grade or Subject You Teach?
Currently we both teach 1st (Kristi also has experience in 2nd and special education)
What inspired you to become a teacher?
Crystal - After staying home with my kids when they were little, I got a job as their school secretary thinking that it would be a perfect fit for me. My eyes were opened to how many kids are not loved and cared for like I love and care for my own children. I wanted to be that person they could count on to be there every day who would love and care for them. Even though I am limited in how much I can share about my faith, I wanted to be a light to them so that one day when they hear Gospel, they might remember me and be able to say, "There was something different about Mrs. Ratcliff. I bet she was a Christian."

Kristi - I always liked being around kids and both my parents were teachers.  Once I actually became a teacher, I loved and cared about each kid that I came in contact with and always want to be the kind of teacher that a kid can realistically say, "she cared about me."
Describe your teaching "personality":
Crystal - Fun--but firm

Kristi - I like to have fun, but maintain structure.  I like to be fair and consistent in my behavior management.
What is your favorite subject to teach?

Crystal - reading

Kristi - reading (phonics)

What made you decide to begin blogging? 
Crystal - I had started "stalking" some awesome blogs and it seemed like a lot of fun! I am a writer and had not been doing much with it since I went into teaching, so the idea of combining these two passions of mine appealed to me. Kristi and I also decided to open a TPT store so we knew that networking would be important for our business. I didn't feel I had the time to maintain a blog on my own so I asked Kristi to join me.

Kristi - Crystal came to me and talked with me about it.  She is very convincing and talked me into doing it.  LOL!  I'm not much of a writer and Crystal is a big time writer, so I was a little hesitant of doing it at the beginning.  Now that we have started doing it, I am more comfortable with it even though she still remains the writer of the two of us.  LOL! 

If you could give one piece of advice to your fellow teachers & bloggers, what would it be? 
Crystal - Don't forget why you teach - which should be the kids. I'm going into my third year and can see how if you let yourself focus on the "politics and pressures" of teaching, it will zap the joy out of what you get to do everyday - impact the future of your students.

Kristi - Have fun teaching the kids -if you have fun, then they will likely have fun as well.  Don't let all the other stuff get in the way of your focus of the kids.  Remember the main reason you are there is for the kids.

Finish this sentence: You know you're a teacher when _____________________________.

Crystal - ...you drag yourself out of bed when you're sick because it would be more work to do sub plans.

Kristi - you know how to eat a full course meal in 5 minutes and you have a bladder that can last 8 hours.

Here are 2 freebies that Kristi and Crystal wanted to share with you:


A big THANK YOU to Kristi and Crystal over at Teaching Little Miracles for letting me feature you. If you haven't seen their blog yet, you must check them out! If you are interested in being featured on Fabulous Blogger Friday, please email me at fsuteach81@yahoo.com
See you tomorrow with my must have Reading & Writing Resources!! :)
Have a Fabulous Friday!,

2 comments:

  1. Just love reading about my teaching "neighbors". Kristi & Crystal, you are such an inspiration! LOVE the "you know you're a teacher when..." comments...bwahahaha, sad but true to both!
    Lisa, thank you so much for featuring them today!!
    Synonym Rolls & Antonym Moments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! Thanks so much for featuring us on your blog. I feel like I've been a bit MIA as I have been trying to get my classroom ready. We report back on Monday for meetings with a Back to School Night on Tuesday...no scheduled time in our room before then. Argh! Feeling overwhelmed says it all. I finally got my room completely set up and clean yesterday so I feel a bit more relaxed. Ha!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete