I can't help myself... I'm going to break the one post a day rule, just. this. one. time! I'm linking up with my friend Amber at Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher for the "Another One Bites the Dust" linky to share the greats & not-so-greats of the school year.
1. Using the Leveled Literacy Intervention program by Fountas & Pinnell
When I was trained on this last summer & had it dumped unexpectedly in my lap, I just thought it was another thing to add to my overloaded list of things to do. I was dreading it...despising it...and you know what?
I WAS WRONG!!
If you have the opportunity to use this program, it is the most amazing intervention program ever! I had students who jumped from DRA 3s straight up to DRA 18s. One of my most struggling students is now my most fluent student, due to this program!
2. Discovering teaching blogs! I started blogging last June. It's plain and simple... Discovering so many of your blogs have changed my life. The collaboration & sharing on blogger have been nothing next to A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I am SO proud to be part of such a great community!
3. My students: I have been blessed with another great group of students for the 2nd year in a row. They are smart, sweet, and so witty. They totally get my sense of humor as I get their's. This will be a hard group to give up!
THE NOT SO-GREATS:
1. Beginning a classroom blog for parents: Unfortunately this was not an easy thing to do. It was hard for parents to remember to check the blog weekly. After all, life is always so busy for so many. I found myself going back to regular newsletters. However, that helped me decide to turn my blog into a collaborative blog, so I can't say it was all that bad!
2. STRESS...I don't know why, but this year was so stressful for me in school. I feel like people around me were stressed out to the max, so I think it made it extra hard for me also. I don't know anyone who is not ready for summer vacation! :)
3. Keeping my classroom organized.... this always seems to be a "not-so-great" area of mine! This is one of my summer bucket list goals. *sigh*. No matter how organized I begin the year, it never seems to stay that way. One of these days I will become organized! I found this saying that makes me feel a little better about it:
Go link up with Amber to share your great & not so greats of the school year!!