Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Made It: 8-12-13 + FREEBIES

Wowzers! I'm back for another Monday Made It with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics!
 
I have been in full school mode these past 2 weeks, so I am cranking out some goodies. My first official day back is **sigh** TOMORROW! I can't remember a summer flying by so fast... Here is what I've been up to this week!
First I made these birthday cups instead of birthday goody bags to hand out to my students this year! I bought the cups & lids on Amazon (50 @ $19.99). It may sound a little steep, but it will last me 2 years so I figured, why not! I bought a bag of smarties mixed candy at Walmart, added some shredded paper, courtesy of Michael's ($3.99 + 40% off coupon), and topped it with a red tootsie roll pop. I am so excited about how they came out!!

As a freebie for you, click on the picture below to download the labels that I used for my cups. They are printed on 2 x 4 shipping labels.
 
 Next up are my birthday straw balloons!
 
I can't claim the fame for making these balloons. These balloons are from the talented Melissa Freshwater from Mrs. Freshwater's Class. I wanted to make them with giant pixie sticks this year, but I figured with the birthday cups above that I'd better not load my lovelies up with too much sugar, so I opted for crazy straws instead. ;)
 
 
Next up, I printed up my pirate themed bunting to go with my classroom bulletin board (unfortunately I only have one...yes one!)
 
It says "Our Work Is A Treasure". I'm hanging it up with twine so it gave it a little more of a "pirate" look. It stays up all year long & I just have to change out the work samples! :) You can find this in my TPT store here.
 
 
Last, I printed up the circles that go with my Pirate Ribbon Birthday Display.

 I found this awesome skull & crossbones ribbon last year at Michael's and created this pirate display hanging from ribbons for each month of birthdays. I thought it gave it a different touch of displaying birthdays!
I'm just waiting on finalizations of my classroom roster to fill in the names and dates. You can find this in my TPT store here.

 
I also made 2 new job charts that are EDITABLE!! I now have a monkey themed job chart and an owl themed job chart in my TPT shop. Click on the pictures below to see what they're all about!!


 
 
A BIG thank you to Tara for another fabulous summer of Monday Made Its! The inspiration that comes from this linky is just amazing!
You *may* see a double post from me today... I am also going to be linking up with Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week this week!
 

Well I'm off to work in my classroom!! See you in a bit!! :-)

8 comments:

  1. There birthday balloons and cups look amazing! The kids are going to love those! :)

    Fashion Craze Learning Days

    ReplyDelete
  2. those cups are awesome!
    Lucky kids!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your Pirate themed classroom. Fun! I am actually making those same birthday cups. I think they are too cute. Thanks for the labels. I also put your Monkey Helpers in my shopping cart over at TPT...cute as well.

    Thanks.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE your birthday cups!! What an adorable idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the birthday cups freebie. Off to make mine now!

    Kelly
    A View Into My Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. What size are the cups you used to make the birthday cups, like ounce size?
    Thanks, what an adorable idea!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would also like to know the size of the cups. Would they hold a box of 24 count crayons?

    ReplyDelete