Happy Saturday Friends,
Another week has come and gone! I'm hoping all of the weeks go as fast as this one through the end of the school year. Today I'm linking up for 2 of my favorite linky parties...5 for Friday by Doodle Bugs Teaching and Currently with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade!
First up...Five For Friday
1. My week started off with completing some of my Deliberate Plan Paperwork which is a percentage of my final evaluation. Well, I guess my computer did not like this, because my laptop wire started sparking while sitting in my lap. I don't think I've ever jumped up so fast in my life. Luckily, I did not set myself on fire. After examining the wire, I can see why it started sparking.
2. Monday was a lot better!! I was honored at our faculty meeting for being Teacher of the Year. We had cake, I was given a beautiful scrapbook that our faculty put together, and I received this plaque that I put up in my classroom. It has been such an honor to represent my school this year. :-)
3. This week consisted of a lot of sight word fun! I like to mix it up with sight word practice. The first picture is "What's the Password?" Each week, I put new sight words on the poster for students to practice. This is their exit slip when we go out to lunch, playground, or dismissal. I pick different students who have mastered the words to be the "quizzer". My kids love it!
With my 1 and only iPad, I use it with my intervention students to work on sight words that they may be struggling with. I hope we are able to get some more in the future to use in the classroom! ;)
4. We ventured into 3D shapes in math. I used this amazing 3D Shapes pack from Kelley at Teacher Idea Factory. We made a 3D shapes book where my students identified faces and vertices, as well as drew real life examples for each. We loved it!
This student was drawing a globe as his real life example!
Doesn't this ice cream cone look yummy?!? lol :)
5. And finally, now that I'm feeling human again, I'm trying to create more products again. This is the next one that I'm trying to get off of the ground!! I just find it so hard to juggle between family time, personal time, work time, and creating time. Do you face this problem?!?
Next up is May's Currently with Farley!
This is the time of year where I'm a little nutso!! All of the end of the year paperwork, conferences, taking down my room, etc. starts to overwhelm me. Even reading my summer bucket list is overwhelming right now. There's a lot of excitement going on! I am going to be finding out in the next week or two if I'm having a boy or a girl. I can't wait!!! Then I don't have to refer to my little one as "IT" anymore lol.
I plan on having a busy summer. I have to clean out my daughter's playroom, which is going to be our new baby's nursery. I have to get everything prepared for my maternity leave, which will be in October. I definitely don't want to procrastinate on this. I also have a notebook full of ideas that I would like to put together for TPT...and in my down time, go to the beach. I'm not quite sure that I will be able to squeeze all of this in, but it's worth a shot! :-)
Well, I'm going to try to check off some of those to-do list items! Have a super Saturday!!